Warm Winter Lasagna
- 500g Lean Beef Mince*
- 1 box Lasagna sheets
- 1 Onion
- Fresh herbs – basil, thyme, sage
- Mardouw Extra Virgin Olive oil*
- Funky Ouma Woeste Salt ( Free of colourants, MSG and allergens)*
- Farm fresh full cream milk*
- Wildebraam Jalapeno Relish*
- Montaan cheese*
- Chop and fry your onions using Mardouw’s olive oil till they are medium brown.
- Add chopped fresh basil, sage and thyme.
- Add your fresh lean mince and season with our Funky Ouma Woeste Salt to your taste.
- Add Wildebraam’s Jalapeno Relish and mix it through.
- Prepare a white sauce on the side with 2 spoons of butter, 2 spoons of flour and 500ml fresh farm milk – available at your country butcher. Stir well until it thickens.
- In a bowl, start layering your ingredients as follows:
- Half of your mince mixture
- One layer of lasagna sheets
- Half of your white sauce
- The rest of your mince mixture
- Another layer of lasagna sheets
- The rest of your white sauce
- Grate Montaan cheese on top and bake at 180 C for 1 hour.
- Serve a fresh salad or freshly baked Ciabatta’s and enjoy!
*Ingredients are available at The Country Butcher, Swellendam.